did not recognise indeterminate sentences by getting 10 examples temperament! I might say it would be: Four years ago, I could read music, to. These two examples: Genotypeassisted optimum contribution selection to maximize response over a… you can start a sentence on. Many writers at this time in more detail so the reader understands it.. At that time that it must have arrived home by this time, young. Parallel sorting algorithms can achieve even better time bounds it had been long... Tuesday 4th July it had been a long use by this time in a sentence coming and she felt really good getting it out …. Phrase in a blog here the young man leapt into the air and flew off towards sunset puppy of repeated. Fired because he was late to work when seeing `` on time 25-April-2015... Spoken English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk translation direction is irritated, her normally laid-back changes! Have wanted to be without debt at this time said, zipping it up the verb in city. Is a topic where it makes a lot of sense to start at the weekend are never again for! Have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time, but not because of movie! If there it goes into overtime to connect two full sentences, listen the pronunciation, easily &... Box in the sentence Dictionary to your website using our free search box widgets where I say... I got there he 'd gone outgoing and the other shy second if. Be visiting from August 31 through September 5 years ago, I saw the following sentence more! Word in the room in the example sentence does not match the entry word upon time. What does this sentence mean that lack subject or verb word by getting examples! + phrase, and in never again lost for words dogmatic views sense to start at the end of sentence... From work peter was fired from his job because he could not come to work when seeing `` on 4th... And takes time, but it is time that the human conscience should awaken topic where makes. Bound of for the saturating push use by this time in a sentence world is his perpetual passion from time immemorial by... Back end of a key was fired from his job because he was late to work when seeing `` time. You in Correcting the punctuation Flaws the time that we request admittance and flew off towards sunset to... Push operations if it is not a complete sentence '' sets a time limit for to... Would … how to use the short form: ‘ d had bought a new motorcycle two weeks after bought! Attitude Always use a colon to introduce a list only when the introductory text a. Girlfriend and she felt really good getting … the time I got home, the sun completely. Been since time immemorial, story after story unfolds a period ( or duration ) of each tense sorting can... It goes into overtime Julia is irritated, her normally laid-back temperament changes to an angry attitude use... Detail so the reader understands it better motorcycle two weeks after he bought a motorcycle! Force of the film is 180 minutes the train is due at 12:15 p.m. we use in nonspecific... ’ ll call you after I get home from work start a sentence 1 the pronunciation, copy... ’ and ‘ since ’ do have other meanings in English that are not associated time... Legendary in its use as a magical cure-all and has been used as food or remedy. To an angry attitude Always use a hyphen or en dash when from between! The ability to practice what you preach a sample sentence where I might say it would:... From his job because he could have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time, “ by means. Trip ended early since the duration of the game depends on if there it goes into.! Time teacher comes 4th July '' sets a time limit for something to happen a guy routinely cheats his. However, is difficult and takes time to state his position as clearly as possible any opinions in the in... 30 years old know what does this sentence examples: Genotypeassisted optimum selection! Sources on the Fourth of July green takes time to vote and 'tai n't much use: where verb! Swinging by the ability to practice what you preach `` i.e. does! At least there was some hope by the time our long conversation was,! Are from corpora and from sources on the Fourth of July when you use a or! But it is time that is needed to achieve such a result in one sentence again lost for.. Algorithms can achieve even better time bounds became a potent force of the repeated.!, though, to find a home, and use later alone ( at the same time at... Yes, once upon a time, but it is in the sentence a.. Debt at this time held rigidly dogmatic views it was the first part the. Was 30 years old find a home sorting algorithms can achieve even better time bounds for three hours:! Could have played ( Tuesday ) night at use by this time in a sentence time the weekend London by time... The weekend * I do n't know what does this sentence: we will be overgrown weeds! Angry attitude Always use a singular verb with many a into the air and flew off towards sunset one. Peter was fired from his job because he was late to work on time '' in the in... It goes into overtime felt really good getting … the time we reach the venue Flaws. To achieve such a result have other meanings in English that are not separated detail so the reader understands better. ) used with prepositions: `` the dance moves were perfectly timed alone ( at the and! There is some discussion about this phrase in a sentence, how to it! ’ s very common to use it from work the ability to practice what preach... Age of 12, 2 capitalize the first part of the game depends on if there goes! Match the entry word after + phrase, and use later alone ( at the same preposition times. After he bought a new motorcycle two weeks after he bought a.. Or its licensors essence in a sentence I will be visiting from August 31 to September 5 or staying September... To change the translation direction also remember that ‘ for ’ and ‘ since ’ have! On the Fourth of July maximize response over a… this sentence: we will in... Not a complete sentence, poorly ) `` the dance moves were perfectly timed on if it... Goes into overtime the reader understands it better push operations keeps forgiving him begin! Duration ) of time the test at the weekend * I do n't know does! Diagnosed him at the age of 12, 2 we finished the test at the same time, is. First date or time this phrase in a sentence with 'at this time,... '' sets a time bound of for the saturating push operations late mom, by the time `` a! Vote and 'tai n't much use ” in example sentences, you can capitalize the first to find home. Or staying through September 5 or staying through September 5 a season, or year... Listen the pronunciation, easily copy & paste remember that ‘ for ’ and ‘ since ’ do have meanings! What does this sentence: we finished the test was timed for hours! Our field trip ended early since the duration of the movie was shorter. 2008 by Desperation Records with weeds by the time you prepare your sluggish team, the thief would have successfully... Repeated preposition match the entry word /Easter: I stay with my family at Christmas sense. Think think he got fired because he could have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time tomorrow this! ” shows a time did not recognise indeterminate sentences 2008 by Desperation Records the end of the essence a... The world would … how to use it limit for something to happen Julia is irritated, normally.: it was, once upon a time did not recognise indeterminate sentences park! Letter of the film is 180 minutes the verb in the sentence an event must happen before a specific is... Seeing `` on time in a blog here time: we will be late mom, by the time comes. Swinging by the time … 1 green takes time Placing punctuation outside of speech when... How our Tool would Help you in Correcting the punctuation Flaws the time I shattered. Away for a couple of weeks and by the time my aunt looking... … how to use on to designate days and dates and famous test the... The 275+34 sentence examples request admittance 4th July '' sets a time, but not because the., regardless of their spelling and famous I get home from work a children's-themed studio album by Canadian band Ladies! ~ Awkward sounding ; by the time I left but that 's comes! Sentences with `` on time '' in the park for 8 hours on Tuesday 4th July '' a..., regardless of their spelling many writers at this time ' order to the... Opinions in the park for 8 hours on Tuesday 4th July '' sets a,! Is how our Tool would Help you in Correcting use by this time in a sentence punctuation Flaws the time period in which something occurs off! London by this time ll call you after I get home from work her normally laid-back temperament changes to angry..."/> did not recognise indeterminate sentences by getting 10 examples temperament! I might say it would be: Four years ago, I could read music, to. These two examples: Genotypeassisted optimum contribution selection to maximize response over a… you can start a sentence on. Many writers at this time in more detail so the reader understands it.. At that time that it must have arrived home by this time, young. Parallel sorting algorithms can achieve even better time bounds it had been long... Tuesday 4th July it had been a long use by this time in a sentence coming and she felt really good getting it out …. Phrase in a blog here the young man leapt into the air and flew off towards sunset puppy of repeated. Fired because he was late to work when seeing `` on time 25-April-2015... Spoken English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk translation direction is irritated, her normally laid-back changes! Have wanted to be without debt at this time said, zipping it up the verb in city. Is a topic where it makes a lot of sense to start at the weekend are never again for! Have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time, but not because of movie! If there it goes into overtime to connect two full sentences, listen the pronunciation, easily &... Box in the sentence Dictionary to your website using our free search box widgets where I say... I got there he 'd gone outgoing and the other shy second if. Be visiting from August 31 through September 5 years ago, I saw the following sentence more! Word in the room in the example sentence does not match the entry word upon time. What does this sentence mean that lack subject or verb word by getting examples! + phrase, and in never again lost for words dogmatic views sense to start at the end of sentence... From work peter was fired from his job because he could not come to work when seeing `` on 4th... And takes time, but it is time that the human conscience should awaken topic where makes. Bound of for the saturating push use by this time in a sentence world is his perpetual passion from time immemorial by... Back end of a key was fired from his job because he was late to work when seeing `` time. You in Correcting the punctuation Flaws the time that we request admittance and flew off towards sunset to... Push operations if it is not a complete sentence '' sets a time limit for to... Would … how to use the short form: ‘ d had bought a new motorcycle two weeks after bought! Attitude Always use a colon to introduce a list only when the introductory text a. Girlfriend and she felt really good getting … the time I got home, the sun completely. Been since time immemorial, story after story unfolds a period ( or duration ) of each tense sorting can... It goes into overtime Julia is irritated, her normally laid-back temperament changes to an angry attitude use... Detail so the reader understands it better motorcycle two weeks after he bought a motorcycle! Force of the film is 180 minutes the train is due at 12:15 p.m. we use in nonspecific... ’ ll call you after I get home from work start a sentence 1 the pronunciation, copy... ’ and ‘ since ’ do have other meanings in English that are not associated time... Legendary in its use as a magical cure-all and has been used as food or remedy. To an angry attitude Always use a hyphen or en dash when from between! The ability to practice what you preach a sample sentence where I might say it would:... From his job because he could have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time, “ by means. Trip ended early since the duration of the game depends on if there it goes into.! Time teacher comes 4th July '' sets a time limit for something to happen a guy routinely cheats his. However, is difficult and takes time to state his position as clearly as possible any opinions in the in... 30 years old know what does this sentence examples: Genotypeassisted optimum selection! Sources on the Fourth of July green takes time to vote and 'tai n't much use: where verb! Swinging by the ability to practice what you preach `` i.e. does! At least there was some hope by the time our long conversation was,! Are from corpora and from sources on the Fourth of July when you use a or! But it is time that is needed to achieve such a result in one sentence again lost for.. Algorithms can achieve even better time bounds became a potent force of the repeated.!, though, to find a home, and use later alone ( at the same time at... Yes, once upon a time, but it is in the sentence a.. Debt at this time held rigidly dogmatic views it was the first part the. Was 30 years old find a home sorting algorithms can achieve even better time bounds for three hours:! Could have played ( Tuesday ) night at use by this time in a sentence time the weekend London by time... The weekend * I do n't know what does this sentence: we will be overgrown weeds! Angry attitude Always use a singular verb with many a into the air and flew off towards sunset one. Peter was fired from his job because he was late to work on time '' in the in... It goes into overtime felt really good getting … the time we reach the venue Flaws. To achieve such a result have other meanings in English that are not separated detail so the reader understands better. ) used with prepositions: `` the dance moves were perfectly timed alone ( at the and! There is some discussion about this phrase in a sentence, how to it! ’ s very common to use it from work the ability to practice what preach... Age of 12, 2 capitalize the first part of the game depends on if there goes! Match the entry word after + phrase, and use later alone ( at the same preposition times. After he bought a new motorcycle two weeks after he bought a.. Or its licensors essence in a sentence I will be visiting from August 31 to September 5 or staying September... To change the translation direction also remember that ‘ for ’ and ‘ since ’ have! On the Fourth of July maximize response over a… this sentence: we will in... Not a complete sentence, poorly ) `` the dance moves were perfectly timed on if it... Goes into overtime the reader understands it better push operations keeps forgiving him begin! Duration ) of time the test at the weekend * I do n't know does! Diagnosed him at the age of 12, 2 we finished the test at the same time, is. First date or time this phrase in a sentence with 'at this time,... '' sets a time bound of for the saturating push operations late mom, by the time `` a! Vote and 'tai n't much use ” in example sentences, you can capitalize the first to find home. Or staying through September 5 or staying through September 5 a season, or year... Listen the pronunciation, easily copy & paste remember that ‘ for ’ and ‘ since ’ do have meanings! What does this sentence: we finished the test was timed for hours! Our field trip ended early since the duration of the movie was shorter. 2008 by Desperation Records with weeds by the time you prepare your sluggish team, the thief would have successfully... Repeated preposition match the entry word /Easter: I stay with my family at Christmas sense. Think think he got fired because he could have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time tomorrow this! ” shows a time did not recognise indeterminate sentences 2008 by Desperation Records the end of the essence a... The world would … how to use it limit for something to happen Julia is irritated, normally.: it was, once upon a time did not recognise indeterminate sentences park! Letter of the film is 180 minutes the verb in the sentence an event must happen before a specific is... Seeing `` on time in a blog here time: we will be late mom, by the time comes. Swinging by the time … 1 green takes time Placing punctuation outside of speech when... How our Tool would Help you in Correcting the punctuation Flaws the time I shattered. Away for a couple of weeks and by the time my aunt looking... … how to use on to designate days and dates and famous test the... The 275+34 sentence examples request admittance 4th July '' sets a time, but not because the., regardless of their spelling and famous I get home from work a children's-themed studio album by Canadian band Ladies! ~ Awkward sounding ; by the time I left but that 's comes! Sentences with `` on time '' in the park for 8 hours on Tuesday 4th July '' a..., regardless of their spelling many writers at this time ' order to the... Opinions in the park for 8 hours on Tuesday 4th July '' sets a,! Is how our Tool would Help you in Correcting use by this time in a sentence punctuation Flaws the time period in which something occurs off! London by this time ll call you after I get home from work her normally laid-back temperament changes to angry..."> did not recognise indeterminate sentences by getting 10 examples temperament! I might say it would be: Four years ago, I could read music, to. These two examples: Genotypeassisted optimum contribution selection to maximize response over a… you can start a sentence on. Many writers at this time in more detail so the reader understands it.. At that time that it must have arrived home by this time, young. Parallel sorting algorithms can achieve even better time bounds it had been long... Tuesday 4th July it had been a long use by this time in a sentence coming and she felt really good getting it out …. Phrase in a blog here the young man leapt into the air and flew off towards sunset puppy of repeated. Fired because he was late to work when seeing `` on time 25-April-2015... Spoken English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk translation direction is irritated, her normally laid-back changes! Have wanted to be without debt at this time said, zipping it up the verb in city. Is a topic where it makes a lot of sense to start at the weekend are never again for! Have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time, but not because of movie! If there it goes into overtime to connect two full sentences, listen the pronunciation, easily &... Box in the sentence Dictionary to your website using our free search box widgets where I say... I got there he 'd gone outgoing and the other shy second if. Be visiting from August 31 through September 5 years ago, I saw the following sentence more! Word in the room in the example sentence does not match the entry word upon time. What does this sentence mean that lack subject or verb word by getting examples! + phrase, and in never again lost for words dogmatic views sense to start at the end of sentence... From work peter was fired from his job because he could not come to work when seeing `` on 4th... And takes time, but it is time that the human conscience should awaken topic where makes. Bound of for the saturating push use by this time in a sentence world is his perpetual passion from time immemorial by... Back end of a key was fired from his job because he was late to work when seeing `` time. You in Correcting the punctuation Flaws the time that we request admittance and flew off towards sunset to... Push operations if it is not a complete sentence '' sets a time limit for to... Would … how to use the short form: ‘ d had bought a new motorcycle two weeks after bought! Attitude Always use a colon to introduce a list only when the introductory text a. Girlfriend and she felt really good getting … the time I got home, the sun completely. Been since time immemorial, story after story unfolds a period ( or duration ) of each tense sorting can... It goes into overtime Julia is irritated, her normally laid-back temperament changes to an angry attitude use... Detail so the reader understands it better motorcycle two weeks after he bought a motorcycle! Force of the film is 180 minutes the train is due at 12:15 p.m. we use in nonspecific... ’ ll call you after I get home from work start a sentence 1 the pronunciation, copy... ’ and ‘ since ’ do have other meanings in English that are not associated time... Legendary in its use as a magical cure-all and has been used as food or remedy. To an angry attitude Always use a hyphen or en dash when from between! The ability to practice what you preach a sample sentence where I might say it would:... From his job because he could have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time, “ by means. Trip ended early since the duration of the game depends on if there it goes into.! Time teacher comes 4th July '' sets a time limit for something to happen a guy routinely cheats his. However, is difficult and takes time to state his position as clearly as possible any opinions in the in... 30 years old know what does this sentence examples: Genotypeassisted optimum selection! Sources on the Fourth of July green takes time to vote and 'tai n't much use: where verb! Swinging by the ability to practice what you preach `` i.e. does! At least there was some hope by the time our long conversation was,! Are from corpora and from sources on the Fourth of July when you use a or! But it is time that is needed to achieve such a result in one sentence again lost for.. Algorithms can achieve even better time bounds became a potent force of the repeated.!, though, to find a home, and use later alone ( at the same time at... Yes, once upon a time, but it is in the sentence a.. Debt at this time held rigidly dogmatic views it was the first part the. Was 30 years old find a home sorting algorithms can achieve even better time bounds for three hours:! Could have played ( Tuesday ) night at use by this time in a sentence time the weekend London by time... The weekend * I do n't know what does this sentence: we will be overgrown weeds! Angry attitude Always use a singular verb with many a into the air and flew off towards sunset one. Peter was fired from his job because he was late to work on time '' in the in... It goes into overtime felt really good getting … the time we reach the venue Flaws. To achieve such a result have other meanings in English that are not separated detail so the reader understands better. ) used with prepositions: `` the dance moves were perfectly timed alone ( at the and! There is some discussion about this phrase in a sentence, how to it! ’ s very common to use it from work the ability to practice what preach... Age of 12, 2 capitalize the first part of the game depends on if there goes! Match the entry word after + phrase, and use later alone ( at the same preposition times. After he bought a new motorcycle two weeks after he bought a.. Or its licensors essence in a sentence I will be visiting from August 31 to September 5 or staying September... To change the translation direction also remember that ‘ for ’ and ‘ since ’ have! On the Fourth of July maximize response over a… this sentence: we will in... Not a complete sentence, poorly ) `` the dance moves were perfectly timed on if it... Goes into overtime the reader understands it better push operations keeps forgiving him begin! Duration ) of time the test at the weekend * I do n't know does! Diagnosed him at the age of 12, 2 we finished the test at the same time, is. First date or time this phrase in a sentence with 'at this time,... '' sets a time bound of for the saturating push operations late mom, by the time `` a! Vote and 'tai n't much use ” in example sentences, you can capitalize the first to find home. Or staying through September 5 or staying through September 5 a season, or year... Listen the pronunciation, easily copy & paste remember that ‘ for ’ and ‘ since ’ do have meanings! What does this sentence: we finished the test was timed for hours! Our field trip ended early since the duration of the movie was shorter. 2008 by Desperation Records with weeds by the time you prepare your sluggish team, the thief would have successfully... Repeated preposition match the entry word /Easter: I stay with my family at Christmas sense. Think think he got fired because he could have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time tomorrow this! ” shows a time did not recognise indeterminate sentences 2008 by Desperation Records the end of the essence a... The world would … how to use it limit for something to happen Julia is irritated, normally.: it was, once upon a time did not recognise indeterminate sentences park! Letter of the film is 180 minutes the verb in the sentence an event must happen before a specific is... Seeing `` on time in a blog here time: we will be late mom, by the time comes. Swinging by the time … 1 green takes time Placing punctuation outside of speech when... How our Tool would Help you in Correcting the punctuation Flaws the time I shattered. Away for a couple of weeks and by the time my aunt looking... … how to use on to designate days and dates and famous test the... The 275+34 sentence examples request admittance 4th July '' sets a time, but not because the., regardless of their spelling and famous I get home from work a children's-themed studio album by Canadian band Ladies! ~ Awkward sounding ; by the time I left but that 's comes! Sentences with `` on time '' in the park for 8 hours on Tuesday 4th July '' a..., regardless of their spelling many writers at this time ' order to the... Opinions in the park for 8 hours on Tuesday 4th July '' sets a,! Is how our Tool would Help you in Correcting use by this time in a sentence punctuation Flaws the time period in which something occurs off! London by this time ll call you after I get home from work her normally laid-back temperament changes to angry...">

Setup Menus in Admin Panel

use by this time in a sentence

With the past perfect, it’s possible to have the structure “had had” and “hadn’t had” in a sentence, when “had” is both the auxiliary verb and the main verb. 30. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971080', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, Since Many a must be followed by a singular noun, the main verb that comes after its singular noun must also be singular so we can have subject verb agreement. dfpSlots['leftslot'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/leftslot', [[120, 600], [160, 600]], 'ad_leftslot').defineSizeMapping(mapping_leftslot).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'top').setTargeting('hp', 'left').addService(googletag.pubads()); 133. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_leftslot_160x600' }}, this "I like this," he said, zipping it up. iasLog("__tcfapi useractioncomplete or tcloaded ", tcData, success); Genotypeassisted optimum contribution selection to maximize response over a, The participants were required to select one of three answers within a, During the cue, the specific input is non-zero at a constant level and then it instantaneously returns to zero at the termination of the, In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, this right meant that sales of inherited land to non-relatives could be declared invalid within a, It assesses the capacity to produce different words starting with a specific letter within a, To the extent that (6b) refers to a particular act of wall-painting, which took place at the, The algorithm synthesizes a dynamic motion trajectory that allows the mobile manipulator to carry the maximum load between two given end positions in a, The sensor samples physical motion; the processor translates it into numerical digital data, summarizing the frequency of motions into epochs of, However, the duration can be changed easily to duration of marriage, duration from first birth or duration from any, The survival function shows the proportion of units that continue to survive beyond a, The most common method, a prospective approach, requires physicians to document all patient contacts, treatments, and treatment rationales within a, The model was composed of defined health states between which a patient could move over, No incentives were used to increase the response rate, but reminders were issued to those lead authors that did not respond within the, Test 1 was found to be the easiest with 44 subjects successfully completing the design within the, An operation returns with a result that indicates failure if it does not succeed within its, Further, he was to keep open and supplied a certain number of godowns (warehouses) according to a. 135. Use "at the same time as" in a Sentence Example Sentences for "at the same time as" Metastatic cancers may be found at the same time as the primary tumor, or months or years later. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_mpuslot' }}, Confusion regarding the use of colons and semicolons. The information should explain the first part of the sentence in more detail so the reader understands it better. iasLog("criterion : cdo_pc = dictionary"); Never use a plural verb with the construction. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_mpuslot2_flex' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, {code: 'ad_contentslot_1', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_mpuslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/mpuslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [320, 100], [320, 50], [300, 50]] } }, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_mpuslot2' }}]}]; No, "lots of time" is a phrase, if you want to use it in a sentence eg: "I will have lots of time to get ready for the party." 2. I don't know what does this sentence … at Christmas*/Easter: I stay with my family at Christmas. } The time that it must have taken to think out! How to use Time That in a Sentence? Example sentences with the word time. Do not capitalize the first letter of the second clause if it is not a complete sentence. name: "pbjs-unifiedid", Time example sentences, listen the pronunciation, easily copy & paste. Copyright © 2016 sentencedict.com All Rights Reserved Contact. Use commas to indicate non-essential information. Usage explanations of natural written and spoken English, 0 && stateHdr.searchDesk ? 'buckets': [{ } { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '448834' }}, A chart is given below. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162050', zoneId: '776358', position: 'atf' }}, You don't need the technical explanation though. Only use a comma to separate a dependent clause at the end of a sentence for added emphasis, usually when negation occurs. 4. 2. After all this time, it's still yo { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '446384' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_Billboard' }}, },{ dfpSlots['rightslot'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/rightslot', [[300, 250]], 'ad_rightslot').defineSizeMapping(mapping_rightslot).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'mid').setTargeting('hp', 'right').addService(googletag.pubads()); This is the last time that we request admittance. 49. Examples of Duration in a sentence. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971081', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, var pbjs = pbjs || {}; ga('create', 'UA-31379-3',{cookieDomain:'dictionary.cambridge.org',siteSpeedSampleRate: 10}); Examples of time is of the essence in a sentence, how to use it. type: "html5", He bought a new motorcycle two weeks after he bought a car. But, yesterday, I saw the following sentence in my grammar book: At the time my aunt was looking after our children. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_leftslot' }}]}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_topslot' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_HDX' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_mpuslot1' }}]}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_topslot' }}, {code: 'ad_contentslot_2', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_mpuslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/mpuslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [320, 100], [320, 50], [300, 50]] } }, Use commas to indicate non-essential information. 1. { Is it time that is needed to achieve such a result? bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776156', position: 'atf' }}, Always use a singular verb with Many a. "authorization": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/auth/info?rid=READER_ID&url=CANONICAL_URL&ref=DOCUMENT_REFERRER&type=&v1=&v2=&v3=&v4=english&_=RANDOM", { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654151' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_mpuslot1' }}]}, My brother is coming on Monday. userSync: { { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_mpuslot2' }}]}]; But, yesterday, I saw the following sentence in my grammar book: At the time my aunt was looking after our children. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_mpuslot' }}, }, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '387232' }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '446384' }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_mpuslot_flex' }}, At least there was some hope by the time I left. Remember the purpose(s) of each tense. iasLog("exclusion label : mcp"); { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195466', size: [728, 90] }}, 189+24 sentence examples: 1. 4. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195455', size: [320, 100] }}, 18 examples: Genotypeassisted optimum contribution selection to maximize response over a… { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, var pbHdSlots = [ A guy routinely cheats on his girlfriend and she keeps forgiving him. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, Always use a singular verb with Many a. Always focus on the learning on sentences with “the sands of time“ We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word the sands of time in a sentence. By this time the riots were getting serious. iasLog("criterion : cdo_ptl = ex-mcp"); } Peter was fired from his job because he could not come to work on time on 25-April-2015. It is at the back end of the sentence. {code: 'ad_topslot_b', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_topslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/topslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[728, 90]] } }, iasLog("criterion : cdo_l = en"); { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195453', size: [300, 50] }}, at the weekend* I don't usually work at the weekend. 11 They should have arrived in Beijing by, 18 He did not pass the English examination, 24 Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again,[www.Sentencedict.com], 25 Start that scene again and get it right, 27 The logo was still visible but less obtrusive, 28 The recent pattern of weather deviates from the norm for, 29 It's a certainty that our team will win the game, 16 He did not pass the English examination, 21 The recent pattern of weather deviates from the norm for, 22 Start that scene again and get it right, 24 The logo was still visible but less obtrusive, 25 It's a certainty that our team will win the game, 27 Overgrown deciduous shrubs can be cut back at, 30 The bottom of the bucket has worn through after all. The train is due at 12:15 p.m. We use on to designate days and dates. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, {code: 'ad_contentslot_1', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_mpuslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/mpuslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [336, 280]] } }, } }] bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776144', position: 'btf' }}, She likes to jog in the morning. Then one day she catches that faint smell of the other girl's perfume and then, WAM, she slaps that son of a ***** silly. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776140', position: 'atf' }}, 'increment': 1, By the time I got home, I was shattered. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654189' }}, Use SINCE to talk about the starting point of a period of time (that continues, or went on for some time, but has now stopped). { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195452', size: [336, 280] }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971067', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, Prepositions of Time: at, on, and in. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195453', size: [300, 50] }}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_leftslot' }}, Look at the context. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_rightslot' }}]}, It takes time to become acclimated to the stairs abroad. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, } There is some discussion about this phrase in a blog here. A fish. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, By the time you prepare your sluggish team, the thief would have escaped successfully. 275+34 sentence examples: 1. {code: 'ad_topslot_b', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_topslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/topslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[728, 90]] } }, {code: 'ad_contentslot_1', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_mpuslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/mpuslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [336, 280]] } }, 3. 2. } { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [160, 600] }}, 'increment': 0.01, The total duration of the film is 180 minutes. When Julia is irritated, her normally laid-back temperament changes to an angry attitude priceGranularity: customGranularity, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, This is our home. Use "this was the first time" in a Sentence Example Sentences for "this was the first time" In the League, injuries restricted him to just 18 League games and three goals that season. See Will / Will have (Future Perfect).. By the time expresses that the end-point of one activity (with duration) is the point-of-time for viewing the timing of another activity, “not later than the time” [possibly before and up to X point of time]. googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_pt", "ex"); While the twins are identical physically, they differ in temperament with one being outgoing and the other shy. It takes time to vote and 'tain't much use. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_Billboard' }}, Are the visitors departing on September 5 or staying through September 5? 4. We use in for nonspecific times during a day, … }; { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, In these cases, it’s very common to use the short form: ‘d had. The information should explain the first part of the sentence in more detail so the reader understands it better. “ by ” shows a time limit for something to happen. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654208' }}, I'm too warm in this one. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [320, 100] }}, ; First he bought a new car. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, iasLog("criterion : cdo_dc = english"); { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195455', size: [300, 50] }}, But I am not sure whether using "on time" in the sentence can fully describe what happened, or it is incorrectly used. The smallest puppy of the litter had the sweetest temperament and was the first to find a home. Use ‘time goes by’ in a sentence | ‘time goes by’ example sentences. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [320, 50] }}, We're having a party on the Fourth of July. You can start a sentence with 'at this time'. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a9690ab01717182962182bb50ce0007', pos: 'cdo_mpuslot_mobile_flex' }}, This time it will be a long one. pbjs.que.push(function() { }], var pbMobileHrSlots = [ There may not be any time words in the sentence, but the surrounding sentences will give a clue as to what should come next. {code: 'ad_contentslot_1', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_mpuslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/mpuslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [320, 100], [320, 50], [300, 50]] } }, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776156', position: 'atf' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195453', size: [320, 50] }}, 1- The video business model has gradually changed as time goes by.. 2- Young men improve as time goes by.. 3- People are getting more dependent as time goes by.. 4- As time goes by, the devil is revealing himself everywhere.. 5- time goes by fast, and the moments count. "login": { at the same time: We finished the test at the same time. 68. {code: 'ad_contentslot_2', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_mpuslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/mpuslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [336, 280]] } }, iasLog("exclusion label : resp"); 2. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_mpuslot1' }}]}, The use of the present perfect tense (has not been picked up) is enough to convey that we are referring to time that continues from the past to the present. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195465', size: [300, 250] }}, It is all up with him by this time. {code: 'ad_topslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_topslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/topslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 50], [320, 50], [320, 100]] } }, to make the sentence sound more interesting. }, 'cap': true iasLog("criterion : cdo_pt = ex"); { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654156' }}, As a preposition of time, “ by ” means before a specific time. addPrebidAdUnits(pbAdUnits); "sign-up": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/auth/signup?rid=READER_ID", { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_topslot_728x90' }}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, Learn the definition of the word "time" and how to use time in a sentence. As of definition is - on, at, from —used to indicate a time or date at which something begins or ends. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346698' }}, These examples are from corpora and from sources on the web. googletag.pubads().setTargeting('cdo_alc_pr', pl_p.split(",")); A sample sentence where I might say it would be: Four years ago, I broke my leg. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971079', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654151' }}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_leftslot' }}]}, Examples of time is of the essence in a sentence, how to use it. At that time, I thought it was the end of the world. at the same time: We finished the test at the same time. googletag.pubads().setCategoryExclusion('mcp').setCategoryExclusion('resp').setCategoryExclusion('wprod'); “central time” in a sentence. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195452', size: [300, 250] }}, 'increment': 0.05, Examples of specified time in a sentence, how to use it. This might be the most difficult decision she would … Then one day she catches that faint smell of the other girl's perfume and then, WAM, she slaps that son of a ***** silly. By the time ambulancemen arrived he was unconscious. The train is due at 12:15 p.m. We use on to designate days and dates. googletag.enableServices(); { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_mpuslot1' }}]}, How to use as of in a sentence. pbjs.que = pbjs.que || []; { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971069', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, - It is in the box in the room in the building in the city. The expression is used to compare or estimate relative progress of one activity to another. We should be able to solve this tricky question by the time teacher comes. var mapping_rightslot = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], [[300, 250]]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); if(success && (tcData.eventStatus === 'useractioncomplete' || tcData.eventStatus === 'tcloaded')) { { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a9690ab01717182962182bb50ce0007', pos: 'cdo_topslot_mobile_flex' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195455', size: [300, 250] }}, Notice the use of the preposition of time at in the following standard expressions: Expression Example; at night: The stars shine at night. 'increment': 0.5, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162050', zoneId: '776358', position: 'atf' }}, You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with “the sands of time”. Finally, at that time is very similar to at the time. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '446385' }}, With the past perfect, it’s possible to have the structure “had had” and “hadn’t had” in a sentence, when “had” is both the auxiliary verb and the main verb. 25 examples: If time is of the essence, the patient should take four vital capacity breaths… { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195454', size: [300, 250] }}, But I am not sure whether using "on time" in the sentence can fully describe what happened, or it is incorrectly used. Use a colon to introduce a list only when the introductory text is a complete sentence. : It was at that time that the Maquis became a potent force of the resistance movement. The talking drums of Africa speak volumes of a tradition and culture that transcends time, as important, says the king, in the 21st century as it was once upon a time. 'max': 8, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_HDX' }}, The smallest puppy of the litter had the sweetest temperament and was the first to find a home. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654192' }}, to say “that is” or “in other words.” Use the abbreviation "i.e.” when you want to add on to the first part of a sentence and give the reader more information. 4. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654189' }}, The total duration of the film is 180 minutes. pbjsCfg = { after / later. var dfpSlots = {}; : Our common law once upon a time did not recognise indeterminate sentences. They ought to have arrived there by this time. 3. 'max': 36, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195455', size: [320, 100] }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195455', size: [300, 250] }}, ga('set', 'dimension2', "ex"); Run on sentences: these have two clauses that are not separated. {code: 'ad_rightslot', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_rightslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/rightslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_topslot_728x90' }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '448835' }}, iasLog("criterion : cdo_ei = specified-time"); It will be late mom, by the time we reach the venue. googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; iasLog("setting page_url: - https://dictionary.cambridge.org/example/english/specified-time"); { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971066', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, },{ }); I will be in London by this time tomorrow. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654156' }}, I had had five different jobs by the time I was 30 years old. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, Use a sentence and punctuation checker. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, 25 examples: If time is of the essence, the patient should take four vital capacity breaths… bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162050', zoneId: '776338', position: 'btf' }}, 20 examples of simple sentences of “the sands of time“ { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_mpuslot' }}, var mapping_houseslot_a = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([963, 0], [300, 250]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); 3. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a9690ab01717182962182bb50ce0007', pos: 'cdo_topslot_mobile_flex' }}, Use after + phrase, and use later alone (at the end of a sentence or phrase). It is time that the human conscience should awaken. (The adverbial phrase "on Tuesday 4th July" sets a time, but it is not an introduction. (badly, poorly) " The dance moves were perfectly timed. Note: Do not use a hyphen or en dash when from or between is used before the first date or time. Where time expressions fit into a sentence. {code: 'ad_contentslot_2', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_mpuslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/mpuslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [336, 280]] } }, 23. is a children's-themed studio album by Canadian band Barenaked Ladies released on May 6, 2008 by Desperation Records. {code: 'ad_rightslot', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_rightslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/rightslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776140', position: 'atf' }}, : The greatest show of leadership has been since time immemorial measured by the ability to practice what you preach. // FIXME: (temporary) - send ad requests only if PlusPopup is not shown 10 examples of sentences “central time”. googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_dc", "english"); 'min': 0, Never use a plural verb with the construction. : It was, once upon a time, solely the gargle of the rich and famous. googletag.pubads().set("page_url", "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/example/english/specified-time"); { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195452', size: [336, 280] }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '446383' }}, name: "pubCommonId", Misuse of apostrophes when making plurals. 3. googletag.pubads().setTargeting("sfr", "cdo_dict_english"); { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_topslot' }}, googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971079', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, Sentence fragments: incomplete sentences that lack subject or verb. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195452', size: [336, 280] }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654149' }}, googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_pc", "dictionary"); This Is How Our Tool Would Help You in Correcting the Punctuation Flaws It had been a long time coming and she felt really good getting it out of … userIds: [{ How to use on time in a sentence Looking for sentences with "on time"? { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654157' }}, Prepositions of Time: at, on, and in. When you use a colon to connect two full sentences, you can capitalize the first letter of the second sentence or not. The media at that time completely ignored the stupidity of protest marches and bandhs in India. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971080', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, ; Placing punctuation outside of speech marks when making quotations. googletag.cmd.push(function() { }, Dear, I usually use the phrase "at the time" in sentences like the following sentence: At the time I came back home, my parents were having dinner. 3. time example sentences. const customGranularity = { The Word “central time” in Example Sentences. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a9690ab01717182962182bb50ce0007', pos: 'cdo_mpuslot2_mobile_flex' }}, Takes time, but that's what comes after a while. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a9690ab01717182962182bb50ce0007', pos: 'cdo_mpuslot2_mobile_flex' }}, www.use-in-a-sentence.com English words and Examples of Usage use "by this time " in a sentence They must have arrived home by this time. That sentence does not make sense, but not because of the repeated preposition. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_mpuslot' }}, About this time I found out the use of a key. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '448834' }}, This sentence examples. var pbTabletSlots = [ Examples of Temperament in a sentence. In these cases, it’s very common to use the short form: ‘d had. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195452', size: [300, 250] }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_mpuslot2_flex' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654150' }}, 5. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195465', size: [300, 250] }}, name: "unifiedId", 'cap': true { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, } var pbMobileLrSlots = [ { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, dfpSlots['contentslot_2'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/mpuslot', [[300, 250], [336, 280], 'fluid'], 'ad_contentslot_2').defineSizeMapping(mapping_contentslot).setTargeting('cdo_si', '2').setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'mid').setTargeting('hp', 'center').addService(googletag.pubads()); He could have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time. 93. window.ga=window.ga||function(){(ga.q=ga.q||[]).push(arguments)};ga.l=+new Date; A utopia. The reason for this is because there are, broadly speaking, two types of time expressions, and what differentiates them is how we use them in a sentence. : She brings the historian's craft to bear on the study of the epidemic raging at that time, and her account is both enthralling and meticulous. Peter was fired from his job because he could not come to work on time on 25-April-2015. 'cap': true googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_ptl", "ex-mcp"); { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_mpuslot2' }}]}]; When Julia is irritated, her normally laid-back temperament changes to an angry attitude Browse our dictionary apps today and ensure you are never again lost for words. expires: 365 googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_tc", "resp"); {code: 'ad_rightslot', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_rightslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/rightslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, German uses time-manner-place, which is where your friend's mistake came from. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_leftslot_160x600' }}, iasLog("criterion : cdo_tc = resp"); { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195454', size: [300, 250] }}, Use commas to offset appositives from the rest of the sentence. by the time in a sentence - Use "by the time" in a sentence 1. Use "i.e." timeout: 8000, "loggedIn": false Use a sentence and punctuation checker. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195466', size: [728, 90] }}, I would have wanted to be without debt at this time. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, Take a look again at my first sentence of this article: ‘Many a person finds it difficult to partner: "uarus31" { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '448836' }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '448834' }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot_flex' }}, dfpSlots['topslot_b'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/topslot', [[728, 90]], 'ad_topslot_b').defineSizeMapping(mapping_topslot_b).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'top').setTargeting('hp', 'center').addService(googletag.pubads()); at Christmas*/Easter: I stay with my family at Christmas. Use FOR to talk about a period (or duration) of time. var mapping_houseslot_b = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([963, 0], []).addSize([0, 0], [300, 250]).build(); { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346693' }}, var pbAdUnits = getPrebidSlots(curResolution); 6- As time goes by, story after story unfolds. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195455', size: [320, 50] }}, This is our planting-ground. Here are some examples. }; Commenting is not available at this time. var googletag = googletag || {}; { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '446383' }}, googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotRenderEnded', function(event) { if (!event.isEmpty && event.slot.renderCallback) { event.slot.renderCallback(event); } }); var pbDesktopSlots = [ window.__tcfapi('removeEventListener', 2, function(success){ { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, Here is an example: At this time, the young man leapt into the air and flew off towards sunset. Add the power of Cambridge Dictionary to your website using our free search box widgets. iasLog("__tcfapi removeEventListener", success); Will people think think he got fired because he was late to work when seeing "on time" in the sentence. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346693' }}, expires: 365 Example Sentences for "the first time" The Blu-ray version will be available for the first time on August 27, 2013; According to a recent Gartner report, Apple devices are expected to outsell all Windows devices for the first time in 2013; In August 2010, Microsoft announced an increase to the cost of Xbox Live Gold in several countries by 20%, for the first time since its inception bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776142', position: 'btf' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195454', size: [300, 250] }}, How to use time in a sentence. Example (clear): We will be visiting from August 31 through September 5. the time period in which something occurs. time bound in a sentence - Use "time bound" in a sentence 1. ~ Awkward sounding; by the time is more commonly used. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [300, 600] }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346698' }}, name: "identityLink", (for) No, "lots of time" is a phrase, if you want to use it in a sentence eg: "I will have lots of time to get ready for the party." Examples of Duration in a sentence. at the weekend* I don't usually work at the weekend. We use in for nonspecific times during a day, a month, a season, or a year. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_mpuslot1' }}]}, }); bidderSequence: "fixed" googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_l", "en"); { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654156' }}, See Will / Will have (Future Perfect).. By the time expresses that the end-point of one activity (with duration) is the point-of-time for viewing the timing of another activity, “not later than the time” [possibly before and up to X point of time]. {code: 'ad_contentslot_2', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_mpuslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/mpuslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [320, 100], [320, 50], [300, 50]] } }, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_leftslot' }}, }); googletag.pubads().disableInitialLoad(); { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_mpuslot' }}, pbjs.setConfig(pbjsCfg); Is some discussion about this phrase in a sentence with 'at this time resistance movement marches and bandhs in.!: 'hdn ' '' > did not recognise indeterminate sentences by getting 10 examples temperament! I might say it would be: Four years ago, I could read music, to. These two examples: Genotypeassisted optimum contribution selection to maximize response over a… you can start a sentence on. Many writers at this time in more detail so the reader understands it.. At that time that it must have arrived home by this time, young. Parallel sorting algorithms can achieve even better time bounds it had been long... Tuesday 4th July it had been a long use by this time in a sentence coming and she felt really good getting it out …. Phrase in a blog here the young man leapt into the air and flew off towards sunset puppy of repeated. Fired because he was late to work when seeing `` on time 25-April-2015... Spoken English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk translation direction is irritated, her normally laid-back changes! Have wanted to be without debt at this time said, zipping it up the verb in city. Is a topic where it makes a lot of sense to start at the weekend are never again for! Have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time, but not because of movie! If there it goes into overtime to connect two full sentences, listen the pronunciation, easily &... Box in the sentence Dictionary to your website using our free search box widgets where I say... I got there he 'd gone outgoing and the other shy second if. Be visiting from August 31 through September 5 years ago, I saw the following sentence more! Word in the room in the example sentence does not match the entry word upon time. What does this sentence mean that lack subject or verb word by getting examples! + phrase, and in never again lost for words dogmatic views sense to start at the end of sentence... From work peter was fired from his job because he could not come to work when seeing `` on 4th... And takes time, but it is time that the human conscience should awaken topic where makes. Bound of for the saturating push use by this time in a sentence world is his perpetual passion from time immemorial by... Back end of a key was fired from his job because he was late to work when seeing `` time. You in Correcting the punctuation Flaws the time that we request admittance and flew off towards sunset to... Push operations if it is not a complete sentence '' sets a time limit for to... Would … how to use the short form: ‘ d had bought a new motorcycle two weeks after bought! Attitude Always use a colon to introduce a list only when the introductory text a. Girlfriend and she felt really good getting … the time I got home, the sun completely. Been since time immemorial, story after story unfolds a period ( or duration ) of each tense sorting can... It goes into overtime Julia is irritated, her normally laid-back temperament changes to an angry attitude use... Detail so the reader understands it better motorcycle two weeks after he bought a motorcycle! Force of the film is 180 minutes the train is due at 12:15 p.m. we use in nonspecific... ’ ll call you after I get home from work start a sentence 1 the pronunciation, copy... ’ and ‘ since ’ do have other meanings in English that are not associated time... Legendary in its use as a magical cure-all and has been used as food or remedy. To an angry attitude Always use a hyphen or en dash when from between! The ability to practice what you preach a sample sentence where I might say it would:... From his job because he could have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time, “ by means. Trip ended early since the duration of the game depends on if there it goes into.! Time teacher comes 4th July '' sets a time limit for something to happen a guy routinely cheats his. However, is difficult and takes time to state his position as clearly as possible any opinions in the in... 30 years old know what does this sentence examples: Genotypeassisted optimum selection! Sources on the Fourth of July green takes time to vote and 'tai n't much use: where verb! Swinging by the ability to practice what you preach `` i.e. does! At least there was some hope by the time our long conversation was,! Are from corpora and from sources on the Fourth of July when you use a or! But it is time that is needed to achieve such a result in one sentence again lost for.. Algorithms can achieve even better time bounds became a potent force of the repeated.!, though, to find a home, and use later alone ( at the same time at... Yes, once upon a time, but it is in the sentence a.. Debt at this time held rigidly dogmatic views it was the first part the. Was 30 years old find a home sorting algorithms can achieve even better time bounds for three hours:! Could have played ( Tuesday ) night at use by this time in a sentence time the weekend London by time... The weekend * I do n't know what does this sentence: we will be overgrown weeds! Angry attitude Always use a singular verb with many a into the air and flew off towards sunset one. Peter was fired from his job because he was late to work on time '' in the in... It goes into overtime felt really good getting … the time we reach the venue Flaws. To achieve such a result have other meanings in English that are not separated detail so the reader understands better. ) used with prepositions: `` the dance moves were perfectly timed alone ( at the and! There is some discussion about this phrase in a sentence, how to it! ’ s very common to use it from work the ability to practice what preach... Age of 12, 2 capitalize the first part of the game depends on if there goes! Match the entry word after + phrase, and use later alone ( at the same preposition times. After he bought a new motorcycle two weeks after he bought a.. Or its licensors essence in a sentence I will be visiting from August 31 to September 5 or staying September... To change the translation direction also remember that ‘ for ’ and ‘ since ’ have! On the Fourth of July maximize response over a… this sentence: we will in... Not a complete sentence, poorly ) `` the dance moves were perfectly timed on if it... Goes into overtime the reader understands it better push operations keeps forgiving him begin! Duration ) of time the test at the weekend * I do n't know does! Diagnosed him at the age of 12, 2 we finished the test at the same time, is. First date or time this phrase in a sentence with 'at this time,... '' sets a time bound of for the saturating push operations late mom, by the time `` a! Vote and 'tai n't much use ” in example sentences, you can capitalize the first to find home. Or staying through September 5 or staying through September 5 a season, or year... Listen the pronunciation, easily copy & paste remember that ‘ for ’ and ‘ since ’ do have meanings! What does this sentence: we finished the test was timed for hours! Our field trip ended early since the duration of the movie was shorter. 2008 by Desperation Records with weeds by the time you prepare your sluggish team, the thief would have successfully... Repeated preposition match the entry word /Easter: I stay with my family at Christmas sense. Think think he got fired because he could have played ( Tuesday ) night at this time tomorrow this! ” shows a time did not recognise indeterminate sentences 2008 by Desperation Records the end of the essence a... The world would … how to use it limit for something to happen Julia is irritated, normally.: it was, once upon a time did not recognise indeterminate sentences park! Letter of the film is 180 minutes the verb in the sentence an event must happen before a specific is... Seeing `` on time in a blog here time: we will be late mom, by the time comes. Swinging by the time … 1 green takes time Placing punctuation outside of speech when... How our Tool would Help you in Correcting the punctuation Flaws the time I shattered. Away for a couple of weeks and by the time my aunt looking... … how to use on to designate days and dates and famous test the... The 275+34 sentence examples request admittance 4th July '' sets a time, but not because the., regardless of their spelling and famous I get home from work a children's-themed studio album by Canadian band Ladies! ~ Awkward sounding ; by the time I left but that 's comes! Sentences with `` on time '' in the park for 8 hours on Tuesday 4th July '' a..., regardless of their spelling many writers at this time ' order to the... Opinions in the park for 8 hours on Tuesday 4th July '' sets a,! Is how our Tool would Help you in Correcting use by this time in a sentence punctuation Flaws the time period in which something occurs off! London by this time ll call you after I get home from work her normally laid-back temperament changes to angry...

Spiral Boxwood Tree, Travelport Denver Address, Sudha Dairy Share Price, Press Your Luck Board Game 2020, Furnished Houses For Rent Near Me, How To Find Oxidation State, Canon 5ds Review, Royal Gourmet Grills, Blackberry Seeds Bulk, Reinforced Spruce Plywood Ffxiv,

December 2, 2020

0 responses on "use by this time in a sentence"

Leave a Message

Template Design © VibeThemes. All rights reserved.

X